Leonard KleinrockUniversity of California, Los Angeles
G2R World Ranking 368th
G2R United States Ranking 233rd
H-Index & Metrics
|Number of Google Citations||52,581|
|Number of Articles on DBLP||145|
Awards & Achievements
- 2014 - BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award for his seminal contributions to the theory and practical development of the Internet
- 2007 - US National Medal of Science For his fundamental contributions to the mathematical theory of modern data networks, and for the functional specification of packet switching, which is the foundation of Internet technology. His mentoring of generations of students has led to the commercialization of technologies that have transformed the world.
- 2003 - Member, National Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2002 - INFORMS Fellow
- 2000 - ACM Fellow For his pioneering work as inventor of packet switching, the underlying technology of the Internet. He wrote the first paper and first book on the subject, and supervised the birth of what became the Internet.
- 2000 - IEEE Internet Award For their early, preeminent contributions in conceiving, analyzing and demonstrating packet switching networks, the foundation technology of the Internet
- 1999 - INFORMS President's Award
- 1990 - ACM SIGCOMM Award for Lifetime Contribution In recognition of his seminal role in developing methods for analyzing packet network technology.
- 1980 - Member, National Academy of Engineering (US) Pioneering contributions to the field and leadership as an educator in computer communications networks.
- 1973 - IEEE Fellow For contributions to computer-communication networks, queueing theory, time-shared computer systems, and engineering education.