David PattersonUniversity of California, Berkeley
G2R World Ranking 97th
G2R United States Ranking 69th
H-Index & Metrics
|Number of Google Citations||106,913|
|Number of Articles on DBLP||241|
Awards & Achievements
- 2017 - Turing Award For pioneering a systematic, quantitative approach to the design and evaluation of computer architectures with enduring impact on the microprocessor industry.
- 2008 - ACM-IEEE CS Eckert-Mauchly Award For seminal contributions to RISC microprocessor architectures, RAID storage systems design, and reliable computing, and for leadership in education and in disseminating academic research results into successful industrial products.
- 2007 - ACM Distinguished Service Award For distinguished service to ACM and the computing community, especially in the areas of education, national committees, and professional societies.
- 2000 - IEEE James H. Mulligan, Jr. Education Medal For inspirational teaching through the development of creative curricula and teaching methodology, for important textbooks, and for effective integration of education and research missions.
- 1995 - IEEE CS Technical Achievement Award For outstanding contributions to the advancement of computer science and engineering through inspiring teaching, path-breaking research, effective leadership and wide-ranging professional service.
- 1994 - ACM Fellow Professor Patterson is a quintessential example of a professor who combines highest intellectual ability and technical expertise with a total dedication to his role as a teacher, mentor, and friend of his students.
- 1991 - ACM Karl V. Karlstrom Outstanding Educator Award For his pioneering work on RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computing), his course series on RISC that produced a whole generation of academicians, and for his novel approach to teaching computer science to non-CS majors.
- 1990 - IEEE Fellow For leadership in the development of reduced instruction set computers.