Andrew TanenbaumVrije Universiteit Amsterdam
G2R World Ranking 749th
G2R Netherlands Ranking 7th
H-Index & Metrics
|Number of Google Citations||45,317|
|Number of Articles on DBLP||207|
Awards & Achievements
- 2015 - Eurosys Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2008 - USENIX Lifetime Achievement Award For his many contributions to systems design and to openness both in discussion and in source.
- 2007 - IEEE James H. Mulligan, Jr. Education Medal For contributions to education in computing, especially computer organization, networking and operating systems
- 1998 - IEEE Fellow For outstanding contributions to research and education in computer networks and operating systems.
- 1996 - ACM Fellow
- 1994 - ACM Karl V. Karlstrom Outstanding Educator Award For his influential contributions to computer science education, especially in computer systems. Professor Tanenbaum has written five textbooks in the areas of computer architecture, networks, and operating systems, and he has developed many software systems, most notably MINIX, specifically for educational use. These textbooks and software systems are in wide use internationally. He has also produced Ph.D. students who themselves are successful educators and researchers in computer systems.