ISORC has become established as the leading event devoted to state-of-the-art research in the field of object/component/service-oriented real-time distributed computing (ORC) technology. Accepted papers from ISORC 2019 will be invited for submission to this Special Issue of Journal of Systems Architecture. From the original CFP of the ISORC conference, the specific ORC focus areas include, but are not limited to:
• Programming and system engineering: real-time programming challenges, ORC paradigms, object/component models, languages, synchronous languages.
• Embedded distribution middleware, model maintenance, system of systems, time-predictable systems and hardware.
• Distributed computing and communication infrastructures: real-time communication, networked platforms, protocols, Internet QoS, peer-to-peer computing, sensor networks, VANETS and V2V and V2I communication, trusted and dependable systems.
• Algorithms for Real Time Analytics: clustering and classification approaches, stream processing algorithms, real time decision tree generation and update, real time machine learning, statistical approaches. Approaches related to stream correlation and sampling.
• System software: real-time kernels and OS, middleware support for ORC, QoS management, extensibility, synchronization, resource allocation, scheduling, fault tolerance, security.
• Real-time algorithms and infrastructure support for decentralized architectures including distributed ledgers with a focus on scalability and resilience.
• Applications: Medical devices, intelligent transportation systems, Industrial automation systems and Industry 4.0, Internet of Things and Smart Grids, Embedded systems (automotive, avionics, consumer electronics, building systems, sensors, etc), multimedia processing, RT Web-based applications.
• System evaluation: performance analysis, monitoring & timing, dependability, end-to- end QoS, overhead, fault detection and recovery time.
• Cyber-physical and cyber-social systems (e.g. social media analytics).
• Time-sensitive social dispersed computing.
General information for submitting papers to JSA can be found at https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-systems-architecture (please note the “Guide for Authors” link). Submissions to this Special Issue (SI) should be made using Elsevier’s editorial system at the journal website (https://www.evise.com/profile/api/navigate/JSA), under the “Submit Your Paper” link). Please select the “SI:ISORC19” option as the type of the paper during the submission process.
Since the papers for this special issue will be invited papers from the ISORC conference, we expect 40% or more new material beyond the conference submission. Authors must provide detailed explanation of the new material included in their submission in the cover sheet.
JSA has adopted the Virtual Special Issues model to speed up the publication process, where an SI paper is published in a regular issue as soon as it is accepted. Therefore, authors are encouraged to submit papers early, and need not wait until the submission deadline.
Submission of manuscripts: 29 July 2019
First Notification to authors: 30 September 2019
Submission of revisions: 18 November 2019
Final notification to authors: 13 January 2019
Publication of issue: February 2020
Primary editor: Mathias Pacher, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Aniruddha Gokhale, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Di Liu, Yunnan University, China
Zhenkai Zhang, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA