Big Data analytics is an umbrella term for multidisciplinary methods of data analytics that employ advanced mathematical and statistical techniques to analyze large data sets. While data science is a powerful tool to enhance performance, it is only as strong as the data used to develop the solutions. Big data analytics is the intelligence brought to data to transform data into actionable insights for the benefit of industry and society. Big data analytics benefits organizations in many ways, driving competitiveness and innovation. On the other hand, big data might contain sensitive and private information that might be at risk of exposure during the analysis process.
Big data sets harness information from multiple sources such as databases, data warehouses, and log and event files. Also, data can be obtained from security controls such as intrusion prevention systems and user-generated data from emails and social media posts. So, it is crucial to protect the data of individuals and organizations.
This special issue addresses the use of big data analytics and intelligent systems in cybersecurity and the associated issues and challenges.
– Intelligent systems for effective detection of cyber-attacks with big data analytics
– Big data analytics for Cyber threat intelligence and detection
– Big data analytics for intrusion detection in Internet of Things (IoT) systems
– Big data analytics for Cloud/Edge systems security
– Malware detection using big data analytics and intelligent systems
– Dimensionality reduction and sampling techniques for valuable cybersecurity data extraction
– Advanced persistent threat (APT) detection techniques in big data analytics
– Representation of cyber-attack data for cross-platform processing
– Network forensics using big data analytics
– Forensic Data Analytics (FDA)
– Data Analytics for privacy-by-design in smart health
– Stream data processing for real-time threat analysis
– User security policies for Big data analytics
– Case Studies and Innovative Applications
– Other topics addressing smart city big data and applications
We will seek papers with conceptual and theoretical contributions and papers documenting interesting and important effects with a plausible theory to explain these effects in consumer behavior contexts.
Deadline for Manuscript Submission:
September 15, 2021
Prospective authors are requested to submit new, unpublished manuscripts for inclusion in the upcoming event described in this call for papers. Paper submissions for this special issue should follow the submission format and guidelines.
Dr. Ahmed A. Abd El-Latif, Menoufia University, Egypt
Dr. Lo’ai Tawalbeh, Texas A&M University-SA, TX, USA
Dr. Yassine Maleh, University Sultan Moulay Slimane, Morocco
Dr. Gokay Saldamli, San Jose State University, CA, USA