A Special Issue in Soft ComputingOpen to submissions until August 30 2021
Recently, an edge computing paradigm has been developed and evolving as a new branch of computing and communication technologies. This new approach integrates the existing computing environment with the digital technologies by creating a new revolution in the emerging communication technologies like Internet of Things (IoT) and cyber–physical systems. Moreover, edge based communication integrates the artificial intelligence technologies to intelligently investigate, collect, process and store the huge amount of generated by IoT applications. Edge computing plays a significant role to enhance the potential of data analytics and decision-making process with the reduced amount of delay.
Though edge computing combats the bandwidth consumption challenges by increasing the response time it fails to address the unpredictable challenges associated with the mobility, reliability, and security of communication frameworks. Most of the technologies that are actively involved in deploying edge computing for emerging IoT frameworks will include the soft computing approaches which remain as a combination of various approximation models, heuristics, stochastic and non-deterministic behaviour to address different challenges associated with system interoperability, data accumulation, security, and mobility. The increased implementation of soft computing approaches to leverage cost-efficient, robust, and tractable solutions. It has also been anticipated that soft computing technologies play a key role in next generation edge applications like smart phone, automotive sensors & applications, robots, unmanned systems, surveillance and security systems.
In the aforementioned perspective, soft-computing-driven edge-based applications are becoming more prominent in the emerging communication systems like IoT to make it exceptionally adaptable and flexible. Soft computing helps to incorporate responsiveness through different services. Henceforth, soft-computing-driven edge applications will definitely offer a smart customer experience.
This special issue aims to share and exchange innovative theories, practices, and approaches in soft computing paradigm to unveil the challenging issues associated in deploying the edge-driven smart computing applications.
List of potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Emerging network architecture and optimization for soft computing applications
- Methods and approaches to implement soft computing in edge systems
- Soft computing approaches for efficient edge computing diagnosis
- Soft computing driven big data analysis
- Hybrid soft computing methods for edge-driven applications
- Soft computing to incorporate mobility and interoperability in edge computing paradigm
- Soft computing based communication and networking protocols
- AI-driven deep learning approaches for edge computing services
- Soft computing to ensure security, privacy and trust in edge systems
- Evolutionary computation for quality management in edge platform
- Role of soft computing in autonomic resource management
- Soft computing to incorporate cognitive edge platforms
Key DatesDeadline for paper submission: August 30, 2021.Notification of results: October 20, 2021.Final acceptance: November 30, 2021.Guest EditorsDr Joy Iong-Zong Chen, Dayeh University, Taiwan.Ke-Lin Du, Concordia University, Canada.Wang Haoxiang, Cornell University, USA.