Information Technology and Management is seeking submissions to a forthcoming Special Issue on Evolving Software Process Paradigms: Trends and Future Directions.
The development of a software system is becoming a complex job due to the increasing demand of continuous software development (DevOps), competitive market, use of agile practices and globally distributed environment. Majority of the software development firms are struggling to follow the concepts of continuous and agile software development methods in distributed environment. Moreover, managing the software processes in continuous, agile and globally distributed environment becomes challenging and it cannot be achieved using the traditional software process improvement approaches. Therefore, software process management are far from being mature, and are often limited to expensive trial-and-error exercises. The mature software process improvement and capabilities determination approach could assist an organization to successfully execute the software development activities towards ensuring quality in the software.
The aim of this special issue is to provide a platform for both practitioners and researchers to discuss the research studies for managing the software process aspects including managerial, organizational, economic and technical. This issue will provide an opportunity to present the empirical evidences using available managerial, organization, economic and technical strategies of software processes, as well propose new techniques, tools, frameworks and approaches to maximize the significance of software process management.
Suggested topics, this special issue will endeavor, include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Managing the human factors in software processes
- Implementing security issues in software processes
- Adopting Agile and DevOps processes in the industry
- Data science for process management
- Simulation and mathematical modelling of software processes
- Game theoretical studies of software processing management in contracting, security, etc.
- Software process assessment and improvement maturity models/standards
- Software process measurement towards ensuring software quality
- Implementing software process improvement and capability determination
- Managing software processes for cloud environment
- Managing process improvement activities in the domain of global software engineering
- Trust and socialization in software process management
- Organizing potential risks in software processes
- Machine learning techniques for managing the software processes
- Empirical studies conducted for software processes using quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods
software process, process improvement, global software engineering, agile practices, DevOps, software quality, maturity models, process standards, empirical studies, analytical modeling, contracting, security
We expect full-length submissions with a sufficient level of rigor consistent with the high standard of the journal. The submission can use any appropriate method to analyze problems: analysis of data, game theories, and etc. The authors should strive to keep the manuscripts to be no longer than 38 pages, double-spaced in a font size of 11 and in Word or PDF format. Please follow the detailed submission guidelines at: https://www.springer.com/journal/10799/submission-guidelines. When answering submission questions, you will specify that your submission is for this special issue.
First-round decision: June 30, 2021
Deadline for Revised Papers: August 30, 2021
Final Acceptance: October 15, 2021
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
Molde University College (Specialized University in Logistics), Norway & Atilim University, Turkey
Arif Ali Khan
Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
Indiana University, South Bend, USA
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
Harbin Institute of Technology, China