With more than 280 million speakers in ten countries, Portuguese is the 5th most spoken language in the world. Research and application development for automatic processing of Portuguese is therefore an increasingly active area, with growing potential to have substantial impact on the field of language engineering.
We invite submissions for a special issue of Language Resources and Evaluation focused on Portuguese language processing. Our goal is to demonstrate the range of activity and provide an overview of the state-of-the-art developments in the field. Submissions on any aspect of computational processing of Portuguese, including all its varieties, are welcome.
We especially encourage submissions that describe long-term projects, as well as papers that address challenges particular to the automatic processing of Portuguese.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Resource building and evaluation (corpora, ontologies, lexicons, grammars, etc.)
- Natural language processing technologies (parsing, word sense disambiguation, co-reference resolution, etc.)
- Natural language processing applications (machine translation, question answering, summarization, sentiment analysis, etc.)
- Speech technologies (spoken language generation, speech and speaker recognition, spoken language understanding, etc.)
- Speech applications (spoken language interfaces, dialogue systems, speech-to-speech translation, etc.)
All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least three experts in the area. The issue is expected to include 5-7 selected papers.
Language Resources and Evaluation is a well-known journal with an impact factor of 1.014.
31 May 2021: submission deadline30 September 2021: feedback to authors30 November 2021: deadline for submission of revised versions31 January 2022: revised feedback to the authors
Details concerning the paper format and submission procedures can be found at the journal website:https://www.springer.com/journal/10579/submission-guidelines.
Diana Santos and Thiago Pardo