ISMM 2019 – 14th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology
Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany
July 8–10, 2019
The International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM) has established
itself as the main scientific event in the field. We will be delighted to host
the 14th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM 2019) at the
Saarland University in Saarbrücken, Germany. The goal of the conference is to
bring together researchers, students, and practitioners of mathematical
morphology and related methodologies, to present and discuss new advances in
the field, be they purely theoretical developments or novel applications.
Proceedings will be published in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science
Main topics of interest include (but are not limited to)
• Algebraic Theory: Morphology on complete lattices and semilattices,
Representation of morphological operators, Fuzzy morphology, Connected
operators, Morphology on graphs, Morphology on Surface Meshes and Riemannian
• Nonlinear Scale Space Theory: Morphological decompositions, Morphological
PDEs, Level set methods, Morphological wavelets, Morphological regularization.
• Discrete Geometry and Combinatorial Topology: Grids, discrete objects,
discrete model properties, digitization schemes, metrics and distance
transformation, skeletons, discrete tomography, etc.
• Random sets Theory and Geometrical Probability: Boolean model for sets and
functions, Stochastic simulation of random media, etc.
• (max,+) Mathematics and Idempotent Analysis for Image and Signal Processing.
• Image Filtering: Color and multi-channel morphology, Morphology on tensor
fields, Geodesic transformations, Adaptive morphology, Attribute filtering.
• Image Segmentation: Watershed segmentation, Hierarchical segmentation, Color
and multi-channel image segmentation, Texture segmentation, Clustering of
• Computational Mathematical Morphology: Algorithms, Architectures, Data
structures and programming paradigms for efficient implementation of
• Applications: Astronomy, Geosciences and remote sensing, (Bio)medical imaging,
Materials science, Data analysis, Document processing, Content-based information
retrieval, Video surveillance, Industrial control, Visualization, etc.
• Submission deadline: December 1st 2018
• Notification of acceptance: March 1st 2019
• Camera ready paper: April 1st 2019
• Conference: July 8–10, 2019
• Bernhard Burgeth, Saarland University, [email protected]
• Andreas Kleefeld, Forschungszentrum Jülich, [email protected]
• Benoît Naegel, Strasbourg University, [email protected]
• Nicolas Passat, Reims Champagne-Ardenne University, [email protected]
• Benjamin Perret, ESIEE-Paris, [email protected]