INTERSPEECH has grown into the world\’s largest technical conference focused on speech processing and application with over 1000 attendees and over 600 papers. The conferences emphasize interdisciplinary approaches addressing all aspects of speech science and technology, ranging from basic theories to advanced applications.
The 21st INTERSPEECH will be staged in Shanghai International Convention Center, from September 14-18, 2020. Widely regarded as the most important cultural, commercial centers of China, Shanghai will offer a great deal of history and culture to INTERSPEECH 2020 delegates.
It is widely believed that technologies are not the only factors that restrict the development of speech processing. The emotions and the cognitive abilities are also playing a vital role in friendly and harmonious man-machine speech communication and human-oriented intelligence technologies. INTERSPEECH 2020 will therefore be organized around the topic“Cognitive Intelligence for Speech Processing”. We hope to provide a broad approach to speech processing issues. In addition to regular oral and poster sessions, this event will feature plenary talks by internationally renowned experts, tutorials, special sessions, show & tell sessions, and exhibits. A number of satellite events will also take place before and after the conference.
Papers intended for INTERSPEECH 2020 should be up to four pages of text. An optional fifth page could be used for references only. Paper submissions must conform to the format defined in the paper preparation guidelines and as detailed in the author’s kit on the conference webpage. Submissions may also be accompanied by additional files such as multimedia files, to be included on the proceedings’ USB drive. Authors must declare that their contributions are original and have not been submitted elsewhere for publication. Papers must be submitted via the online paper submission system. The working language of the conference is English, and papers must be written in English.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and to your participation in INTERSPEECH 2020!
Scientific Area Topics
Original papers are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas:
1. Speech Perception, Production and Acquisition
2. Phonetics, Phonology and Prosody
3. Analysis of Paralinguistics in Speech and Language
4. Speaker and Language Identification
5. Analysis of Speech and Audio Signals
6. Speech Coding and Enhancement
7. Speech Synthesis and Spoken Language Generation
8. Speech Recognition – Signal Processing, Acoustic Modeling Robustness and Adaptation
9. Speech Recognition – Architecture Search, and Linguistic Components
10. Speech Recognition – Technologies and Systems for New Applications
11. Spoken Language Processing – Dialog, Summarization and Understanding
12. Spoken Language Processing – Translation, Information Retrieval and Resources