Journal Ranking & Metrics
JCR Impact Factor:
Scopus H-index :
Guide2Research Overall Ranking:
Aims & Scope of the Journal
Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM) is a quarterly international journal (published in English) that focuses on theoretical and practical issues pertaining to the development and application of software and system modeling languages and techniques. The aim of the journal is to publish highquality works that further understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of modeling languages and techniques, present rigorous analyses of modeling experiences, and introduce scalable modeling techniques and processes that facilitate rigorous, efficient or economical development of software.
The journal is unique in its emphasis on theoretical foundations of modeling languages and techniques, and on rigorous analyses of “realworld” modeling experiences. The balance of theoretical works and works based on indepth analyses of experiences offers insights to researchers that can inform future investigations into better modeling languages and techniques, and provides modeling practitioners with a deeper understanding of modeling languages and techniques that can lead to more effective application.
The journal targets researchers, practitioners and students who have a vested interest in results generated by highquality modeling research and by rigorously analyzed modeling experiences.
We invite authors to submit papers that discuss and analyze research challenges and experiences pertaining to software and system modeling languages, techniques, tools, practices and other facets. The following are some of the topic areas that are of special interest, but the journal publishes on a wide range of software and systems modeling concerns:
- Domain-specific models and modeling standards
- Model-based testing techniques
- Model-based simulation techniques
- Formal syntax and semantics of modeling languages such as the UML
- Rigorous model-based analysis
- Model composition, refinement and transformation
- Software Language Engineering
- Modeling Languages in Science and Engineering
- Language Adaptation and Composition
- Metamodeling techniques
- Measuring quality of models and languages
- Ontological approaches to model engineering
- Generating test and code artifacts from models
- Model synthesis
- Model development tool environments
- Modeling Cyberphysical Systems
- Data intensive modeling
- Derivation of explicit models from data
- Case studies and experience reports with significant modeling lessons learned
- Comparative analyses of modeling languages and techniques
- Scientific assessment of modeling practices
More information can be found at http://sosym.org, which contains recent editorials, as well as information about the submission process for different paper categories (such as regular survey/overview, and special themes).