Journal Ranking & Metrics
JCR Impact Factor:
Scopus H-index :
Guide2Research Overall Ranking:
Aims & Scope of the Journal
The international journal Distributed Computing provides a forum for original and significant contributions to the theory, design, specification and implementation of distributed systems.
Topics covered by the journal include but are not limited to:
- design and analysis of distributed algorithms;
- multiprocessor and multi-core architectures and algorithms;
- synchronization protocols and concurrent programming;
- distributed operating systems and middleware;
- fault-tolerance, reliability and availability;
- architectures and protocols for communication networks and peer-to-peer systems;
- security in distributed computing, cryptographic protocols;
- mobile, sensor, and ad hoc networks;
- internet applications;
- concurrency theory;
- specification, semantics, verification, and testing of distributed systems.
In general, only original papers will be considered. By virtue of submitting a manuscript to the journal, the authors attest that it has not been published or submitted simultaneously for publication elsewhere. However, papers previously presented in conference proceedings may be submitted in enhanced form. If a paper has appeared previously, in any form, the authors must clearly indicate this and provide an account of the differences between the previously appeared form and the submission.