Journal Ranking & Metrics
JCR Impact Factor:
Scopus H-index :
Guide2Research Overall Ranking:
Aims & Scope of the Journal
The objective of this journal is to communicate recent and projected advances in computer-based engineering techniques. The fields covered include mechanical, aerospace, civil and environmental engineering, with an emphasis on research and development leading to practical problem-solving.
The scope of the journal includes:
• Innovative computational strategies and numerical algorithms for large-scale engineering problems
• Analysis and simulation techniques and systems
• Model and mesh generation
• Control of the accuracy, stability and efficiency of computational process
• Exploitation of new computing environments (eg distributed hetergeneous and collaborative computing)
• Advanced visualization techniques, virtual environments and prototyping
• Applications of AI, knowledge-based systems, computational intelligence, including fuzzy logic, neural networks and evolutionary computations
• Application of object-oriented technology to engineering problems
• Intelligent human computer interfaces
• Design automation, multidisciplinary design and optimization
• CAD, CAE and integrated process and product development systems
• Quality and reliability
The journal publishes research papers, survey papers on key application areas, short communications and technical notes, discussions, software reviews and book reviews. A conference calendar is also included – entries welcome.
Related conferences are listed under ‘Related publications’.