First IEEE International Workshop on Semantic Robots (WSR 2017)
in conjunction with
First IEEE International Conference on Robotic Computing (IRC-2017)
While many traditional robots are limited by a predefined set of alternatives for interactions and collaborations, one of the challenging goals in robotics and computer science is to build future robots and devices in physical or virtual forms that are multi-disciplinary in nature, connected to the world knowledge, and interact with humans to solve general as well as domain specific problems.
This workshop will gather people from industry and academia to create an opportunity to discuss how Semantic Computing can be effectively applied for smart interactions between humans and robots for problem solving, where Semantic Computing addresses the derivation, description, generation, integration, and use of the semantics (“meaning”, “context”, “intention”) of sources that may be static, dynamic, structured, semi-structured, unstructured, or a mixture of the above.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited, to the following:
* Derivation of semantics from text, image, video and audio
* Natural language processing and understanding
* Representation, integration and use of semantics for problem solving
* Semantic human-robot and robot-robot interface
* Deep conversation between human and robots
* Big data and deep learning
* IoT and Internet operating system
* Summary and presentation of semantics
* Multi-modal robot expression
* Domain specific and general problem solving
* Linked data and semantic web
* Data integration
* Service integration
* Location based semantics
* Context-based machine vision and multimedia computing
* Context sensitive question answering
* Creativity and learning
* Connectivity and social interaction
* Semantic software engineering
* Activity and engagement engineering
* Data, cloud and service engineering
Manuscripts must be written (6 pages maximum, all included) in English and follow the instructions in the Manuscript Formatting and Templates page given in IRC 2017 website in the \”Submission\” section.
Papers must be original and not be submitted to or accepted by any other conference or journal. Only electronic submission will be accepted. Manuscripts may only be submitted in PDF format. Each paper will be peer-reviewed. Papers accepted by the workshop will be published in the conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press. Outstanding papers will be invited to submit an extended version for possible publication in prestigious journals.
Papers should be submitted to Dr. Phillip Sheu (firstname.lastname@example.org). For any question regarding the workshop please contact Dr. Sheu at the same email address.
Workshop Paper Submission Deadline 01/07/2017
Workshop Paper Acceptance Notification 01/31/2017