Conference Call for Papers
We invite you to submit a contribution to the 5th Swiss Text Analytics Conference (SwissText) & 16th Conference on Natural Language Processing (KONVENS), which takes place on June 23-25, 2020 in Zurich, Switzerland.
SwissText is an annual conference established in 2016 by the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) that brings together text analytics experts from industry and academia.
KONVENS has been held regularly since 1992 and deals with all areas of natural language processing.
The joint SwissText + KONVENS 2020 conference will last for three days and will feature the following tracks:
– Applied Track, with a strong focus on industry and applied research. This track constitutes the continuation of the “Swiss Track” from previous SwissText editions.
– Scientific Track, with technical research papers from the international scientific community.
– Demo Track, which provides a platform for companies and universities to showcase their interactive NLP solutions.
Conference website: https://swisstext-and-konvens-2020.org/
The goal of the Applied Track is to bring together experts from industry and academia. For this track, we are looking for presentations with a strong focus on practical applicability.
Presentations can be:
– Applications (If you have a live demonstration, please submit to the Demo Track instead)
– Applied research results
– Any other contribution that is interesting to the audience
For this track, a short abstract (up to 1500 characters) has to be submitted, along with a CV of the presenter (text format, no tables — max. 500 characters) and the intended audience (e.g. developers, decision makers, project managers, max. 300 characters). All data is entered online via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swisstextkonvens2020
Note: If you intend to publish a full scientific paper, please submit it to the Scientific Track.
In this track, we welcome technical papers dealing with natural language processing, computational linguistics, and machine learning/data science with a focus on text analytics.
The 2020 special theme is: Multilingual NLP
While previous KONVENS editions have traditionally focused on NLP for German, given the multilingual setting of Switzerland (German, French, Italian, Romansh, Swiss German), we encourage NLP researchers working on these languages (plus English as supplement) in and outside of Switzerland to submit their work.
We welcome the following two types of contributions:
– Long papers (8 pages plus references): substantial results
– Short papers (4 pages plus references): progress reports and similar
– Please use the ACL LaTeX template: http://www.acl2019.org/medias/340-acl2019-latex.zip
– Language: English
– Anonymization: The review process will be double blind; we ask authors to anonymize their submission reasonably. Instead of e.g. “We previously showed (Smith, 1991) …” write “Smith previously showed (Smith, 1991) …”
– Manuscripts must describe original work that has neither been published before nor is currently under review elsewhere.
– Submission will be made through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swisstextkonvens2020
The conference features a dedicated track for demonstrations of available NLP solutions (open source or proprietary). The goal is to give developers, companies, and researchers a platform to showcase their products and tools, and for the audience to get an overview of production-ready NLP solutions. All accepted demos will be presented live during the demo exhibition at the conference.
Please provide a short abstract of your demo (up to 1500 characters), a screenshot of your solution, and a description of the intended audience (e.g. developers, researchers, etc., max. 300 chars). All data is entered online via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swisstextkonvens2020
All accepted scientific papers will be published in the conference proceedings. For presentations in the Applied Track, the abstract will be included in the proceedings. There is no differentiation between oral or poster presentations in the proceedings. The proceedings will be published on CEUR-WS.org (open access). To appear in the proceedings, each contribution has to be presented by at least one author at the conference.
Accepted submissions in the Applied Track and the Scientific Track will be presented orally or as posters, as determined by the program committee. All accepted Demos will be presented live during the demo exhibition at the conference.
Presentations are in English and will be listed in the conference program.
– Submission deadline: March 8, 2020 (23:59 CEST)
– Author notification: April 19, 2020
– Camera-ready version due: May 5, 2020
– Conference: June 23-25, 2020
Zurich University of Applied Sciences (Mark Cieliebak, Manuela Hürlimann, Don Tuggener, Fernando Benites, Jan Deriu)
University of Zurich (Martin Volk, Sarah Ebling, Noëmi Aepli)
The conference will take place on the main campus of the University of Zurich.
Please direct all questions regarding the submission process to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Vor der Brück
Ernesto William De Luca
Xavier Gómez Guinovart
Sabine Schulte Im Walde
Tim Vor der Brück
Other Conferences in Switzerland
Fri 15 May 2020
Oct 21, 2020 - Oct 23, 2020 - UNIL
Fri 29 May 2020
Oct 28, 2020 - Oct 30, 2020 - Sion
to be confirmed
Jun 22, 2020 - Jun 26, 2020 - Zurich