Third International Workshop on Gerontechnology
November 16-20, 2020
Due to the Covid-19 health crisis, the conference will become virtual. If the coronavirus crisis allows it, authors with accepted papers will be able to meet in different venues (to be announced soon) to connect to the virtual conference. There will alse be the possibility of presenting their papers virtually, without the presence in one of the venues.
In most parts of the world, over the past 50 years, socio-economic development has been accompanied by large falls in fertility and equal increases in life expectancy. This phenomenon has led to a rapidly aging population around the world.
Increasing life expectancy presents many opportunities to individuals as well as the communities they live in. Older people can contribute to society in many different ways. However, the scope of these opportunities and the contributions will depend heavily on the health of these elder. In most developed countries, elders live their last years of life in relative good health. Although it is also true that many of the elderly suffer or are at risk of suffering cognitive and physical difficulties.
In the coming years, ensuring that the elders can enjoy the best possible health conditions will be one of the biggest social challenges. Addressing this challenge will require knowledge over the elderly life, the management of this knowledge, the provision of concrete and swift responses to their problems, etc.
Technology can be leveraged for assuring an improved quality of life for the elders.
Workshop Papers Submission – October 9, 2020
Paper Acceptance Notifications – November 6, 2020
Workshop – November 16-20, 2020
TOPICS OF INTEREST
In the Third International Workshop on Gerontechnology we welcome papers around the following themes:
* Use of technology to improve functional ability and promote healthy aging.
* Health interventions to support caregivers of elderly people.
* The effectiveness of public health initiatives and clinical interventions for prevent, reverse or mitigate decreases in physical and mental abilities.
* Solutions for active aging, social integration and self-care.
* Monitoring and management of chronic and non-chronic diseases in ambient assisted living.
* Learning, Training and Coaching systems to promote healthy life in ambient assisted living environments.
* * Smart homes and sensor networks for ambient assisted living.
* Context-Awareness in ambient assisted living environments.
* Use of context and location information in user interfaces.
* Elderly nutrition
* Health, wellness and disease monitoring.
* Knowledge management for health: context, cognition, behavior and user modeling.
* Health ecosystems: frameworks, models and methodologies.
* Smarts technologies and algorithms for Health.
To send articles, please you the following URL:
José García-Alonso, email@example.com (University of Extremadura, Spain)
César Fonseca, firstname.lastname@example.org (University of Évora, Portugal)
César Collazos, email@example.com (University of Cauca, Colombia)
MORE INFO: http://4ieplus.spilab.es/workshop2020/