Conference Call for Papers
IWCIA\’17, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, June 19-21, 2017
*** http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/barneva/IWCIA17/ ***
The 18th International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis IWCIA\’17, will be held June 19-21, 2017, in
Plovdiv, Bulgaria. The Workshop will include keynote talks, contributed papers, and a poster session.
Full paper submission due January 15, 2017
Notification of acceptance February 15, 2017
Final camera-ready papers March 15, 2017
Early workshop registration March 15, 2017
(mandatory for authors)
Workshop dates June 19-21, 2017
The proceedings will be published in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Springer).
SPECIAL JOURNAL ISSUE:
After the conference, all authors will be invited to submit substantially extended versions of their papers to a special journal issue of Information Sciences (Elsevier) – impact factor 3.364.
– Alfred Bruckstein (Technion-IIT, Israel)
– Edwin Hancock (University of York, UK)
– Marc van Kreveld (Utrecht University, Netherlands)
– Christian Ronse (Université de Strasbourg, France)
– Günter Rote (Freie Universität Berlin, Germany)
Plovdiv, the second largest Bulgarian city, is one of the oldest cities in Europe with rich cultural heritage.
It has been selected as a European Cultural Capital for 2019.
IWCIA\’17 seeks high quality papers describing contributions to the foundations, methodology, and applications in the field of combinatorial image analysis. Topics include, but are not limited to:
– Combinatorial problems in the discrete plane and space; Lattice polygons and polytopes
– Digital/combinatorial geometry and topology
– Digital manifolds; Geometry of digital curves and surfaces
– Analysis and processing of digital surfaces with singularities (such as \”pinched digital surfaces\”)
– Homotopy of digital manifolds; thinning algorithms and skeletons
– Boundary tracking of digital solids; Geometric characteristics of object boundaries
– Multigrid convergence analysis of metric-based descriptors
– Tilings and patterns; Combinatorial pattern matching
– Computational geometry and imaging sciences
– Integer programming, linear programming, and graph theoretic models and approaches to problems of image analysis
– Image representation, segmentation, grouping, and reconstruction
– Processing \”very large\” digital pictures; Methods for image compression
– Parallel architectures and algorithms
– Fuzzy and stochastic image analysis
– Discrete tomography
– Grammars and models for image or scene analysis and recognition; cellular automata
– Mathematical morphology and image analysis
– Applications in medical imaging, biometrics, computer vision, image
understanding, robotics, metrology, and others
SPECIAL TRACK ON APPLICATIONS:
In addition to the theoretical research papers, a Special Track on Applications will be organized. The accepted papers will be published by Research Publishing Services or by a similar publisher.
Other Conferences in Bulgaria
Sun 20 May 2018
Sep 12, 2018 - Sep 14, 2018 - Golden Sands Resort