Saturday 30 Mar 2019
Proceedings indexed by :
Nov 4, 2019 - Nov 7, 2019
Conference & Submission Link
Conference Ranking & Metrics (This is a TOP Conference)
Google Scholar H5-index:
Conference Call for Papers
Call for Papers
The International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER) is the leading international forum for presenting and discussing current research on conceptual modeling. The topics of interest span the entire spectrum of conceptual modeling including research and practice in areas such: theories of concepts underlying conceptual modeling, methods and tools for developing and communicating conceptual models, techniques for transforming conceptual models into effective implementations, and the impact of conceptual modeling techniques on databases, business strategies and information systems development.
** Conference Venue
The 38th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2019) will occurs in Salvador, the capital of the state of Bahia, in the Northeast region of Brazil, in the period of November 4-7, 2019. Salvador was the first capital of Brazil and is the 3rd largest city in the country. It is a very attractive tourist destination, due to its history, culture and gastronomy, all strongly influenced by the first African slaves and the portuguese culture. It has 25 km of urban beaches and several not-to-miss historic venues, like Pelourinho, Farol da Barra, Ilha de Itaparica, historical churches, museums, and Candomblé centers. It is also close to other touristic destinations in Bahia, like Morro de São Paulo, Praia do Forte and Boipeba.
The region time zone is the same as Brazil\’s capital, Brasília, which is three hours behind GMT. The DST (GMT -2) starts in mid October. The climate is classified as temperate, with an average annual temperature varying between 23° C (73° F) and 30° C (86° F), with relative humidity ranging around 65-75%. Night temperatures usually drop to around 18° C (65° F).
The location for ER-2019 is the Hotel Mercure Rio Vermelho, a wonderful, paradise-like location, central and close to several social and gastronomic places in the bohemian neighborhood of Rio Vermelho.
** Target audiences and the scope
We solicit submission of original research, as well as experience and vision papers, from both researchers and practitioners, welcoming any topic where conceptual modeling is a major theme. We specifically encourage submissions on the application and role of conceptual modeling techniques in new and emerging areas such as large data repositories for business intelligence, cloud computing and NoSQL databases.
Specific examples of topics of interest include, but are not limited to, conceptual modeling as applied to:
– Foundations and Concept Formalization
– Domain Specific Conceptual Modeling Languages, Methods and Frameworks
– Methodologies and Tools for Conceptual Design
– Data Warehousing, Data Mining, Business Intelligence and Analytics
– NoSQL and NewSQL Databases
– Big Data
– Semantic Web, Cloud Computing, and Web Information Systems
– Ontological and Cognitive Foundations for Conceptual Modeling
– Quality and Metrics of Conceptual Models
– Patterns and Reuse
– Data Semantics and Integrity Constraints
– Interleaving Modeling and Development
– Integration of Conceptual Models and Database Schemas
– Schema Evolution and Management of Database Constraints
– Metadata and Applications
– Spatial, Temporal, and Multimedia Aspects in Conceptual Models
– Semi-structured Data and XML
– Empirical Studies of Conceptual Modeling
– Requirements Engineering
– Reverse Engineering and Round Trip Engineering
– Information Retrieval, Filtering, Classification, Summarization, and Visualization
– Human-Computer Interaction
– Advanced and Cross-Disciplinary Applications of Conceptual Models
– Enterprise Business Models, Enterprise Architectures and Service-Oriented Architectures
– Business Process Modeling
– Industry 4.0, Factory of the Future and Internet of Things
– Applications to Bioinformatics, Ambient Assistance, Cyber Security, and Privacy
– Role of Conceptual Modeling in Social Networks, Mobile Computing, Deep Learning, Internet of Objects, Serious Games and Pedagogical Models, etc.
** ER 2019 awards and Special Issue
– Best Student Paper Award: to be given to the best paper whose first author is a student.
– Best Paper Award: to be given to the best paper.
Selected papers will be invited to submit their extended version to the Journal of Data Semantics and to Data & Knowledge Engineering.
** Submission Guidelines
Since the proceedings will be published by Springer in the LNCS series, authors must submit manuscripts using the LNCS style. See http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html for style files and details. The page limit for submitted papers (as well as for final, camera-ready papers) is 14. Manuscripts not submitted in the LNCS style or exceeding the page limit will not be reviewed and automatically rejected.
A paper submitted to ER 2019 may not be under review for any other conference or journal during the time it is being considered for ER 2019. Submitted papers must demonstrate to be aware of the state-of-the art literature in conceptual modeling by properly citing relevant papers in the field.
** Submission Instructions
Submission will be electronically managed via EasyChair. Authors are asked to submit an abstract first, and then to upload the full paper. The submission page of ER-2019 will be opened by October 2018 at EasyChair.
** Important Dates (Preliminary Proposal)
– Workshop proposal submission: January 22, 2019
– Paper abstract submission: March 11, 2019
– Full paper submission: March 30, 2019
– Tutorials, demos and panel proposals: May 20, 2019
– Paper notification: May 27, 2019
– PhD Colloquium submission: June 3, 2019
– Camera-ready paper submission: June 17, 2019
– Author registration: July 29, 2019
– Conference: Nov 4-7, 2019
Other Conferences in Brazil
Wed 18 Dec 2019
Mar 16, 2020 - Mar 20, 2020 - Salvador