CAAA 2020: The 6th Workshop on Cellular Automata Algorithms & Architectures, December 10-14, 2020
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=caaa2020
Submission deadline: 2 October 2020
Conference dates: 10-14 December 2020
This sixth edition of the International Workshop on Cellular Automata Algorithms & Architectures, to be held as part of the International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation 2020, provides a global forum for reporting on state-of-the-art in computational problems, techniques and solutions related to the implementation of cellular automata models and algorithms on fine-grain and coarse-grain architectures.
The CAAA track strives to incorporate the main subjects of the HPCS conference, focusing on aspects that lie at the intersections of high performance computing, modelling and simulation and CA. Hence topics include all aspects of Cellular Automata, but in the context of High Performance Computing and Modeling & Simulation. Of particular interest would be works that employ HPC and cellular automata as computational models for mathematical, physical, chemical, biological, social and engineering systems.
——- The CAAA workshop topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following ——-
– Cellular Automata Models & Algorithms
– Local and Global Properties in Cellular Automata Networks
– Local and Global Communications at Application Level
– Local Neighborhood and Topology Awareness
– Routing and Mobile Agents in Cellular Automata
– Spatio-Temporal and Collision-based Computing Models
– Synchronization and Related Problems
– Fine-Grained Parallel Architectures and FPGA
– Efficient Architectures and Implementations
– Computational Problems in Large-Scale Models
– Parallel Environments and Accelerators for Cellular Automata in HPC
– Regular Graphs for Massive Interconnection Networks
——- Submission Guidelines ——-
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research on the listed and other topics related to Cellular Automata Algorithms & Architectures. A submitted paper must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere until it appears in HPCS proceedings, in the case of acceptance, or until notification otherwise. Submission can be for
– Regular papers – Please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 8 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. A fee will be charged for additional pages. Submission should include a cover page with authors’ names, affiliation addresses, phone numbers and all authors’ email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript.
– Short papers (up to 4 pages) – Please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 4 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. A fee will be charged for additional pages. Submission should include a cover page with authors’ names, affiliation addresses, phone numbers and all authors’ email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript.
Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript to the Workshop paper submission site at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=caaa2020. Acknowledgement will be sent within 48 hours of submission.
Please specify the type of submission you are making and include page numbers on all preliminary submissions to make it easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments.
– Poster papers and Posters will also be considered (please refer to http://hpcs2020.cisedu.info/1-call-for-papers-and-participation/call-for-posters for submission details).
** Conference Policies **
Only PDF files will be accepted, uploaded to the submission link above. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, significance, technical clarity and presentation, language and references. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper will have to register and attend the HPCS 2020 conference to present the paper at the Workshop as scheduled. By submitting the paper to the HPCS conference, all authors agree to abide by all HPCS conference paper submission, publication and presentation policies as well as ethical and professional codes of conduct, including those of the professional co-sponsoring organizations. For more information, please refer to the Authors Info and Registration Info pages.
** Proceedings **
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference proceedings. Instructions for final manuscript format and requirements will be posted on the HPCS 2020 Conference web site. It is our intent to have the proceedings formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at the time of the conference. The proceedings are projected to be included in the IEEE or ACM Digital Library and indexed in all major indexing services accordingly.
Plans are underway to have the best papers, in extended version, selected for possible publication in a reputable journal as a special issue. Detailed information will soon be announced and will be made available on the conference website.
——- Important Dates ——-
Paper Submissions: ———————————————- 2 October 2020
Acceptance Notification: —————————————- 9 October 2020
Camera Ready Papers and Registration Due by: ———— 16 October 2020
Conference Dates: ———————————————— 10-14 December 2020
——- Program committee ——-
All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the workshop technical program committee members following similar criteria used in HPCS 2020 and will be published as part of the HPCS 2020 Proceedings.
——- Workshop organisers ——-
Jelena Vasić, Technological University Dublin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Marija Bezbradica, Dublin City University (email@example.com)
——- Contact ——-
If you have any questions about paper submission or the Workshop, please contact the workshop organizers.