Guide2Research is the number one research portal for computer science. Our mission is to make it easier for professors, research fellows, and those studying for a PhD or a master’s degree to progress with their research and to ensure they are always up-to-date with the latest conferences around the world and publications related to their work.
We have felt the necessity to create an academic platform that cares about the quality of research to inspire young researchers to contribute to the advancement of science. Guide2Research is being steered by the feedback we receive continuously from leading scientists whose contributions have shaped the vision and future direction of our academic portal.
Learn about upcoming prestigious conferences
We devised the list of Top Computer Science Conferences where we evaluate each conference based on its H5-index in tandem with other well-established indicators to ensure that only top venues of research are listed.
- Prestigious scientific publishers. We show only conferences indexed by leading and prestigious scientific publishers and organizations including IEEE, Springer, ACM, AAAI, and USENIX.
- We’re against predatory conferences. Our work has been appreciated by the IEEE as we have been guiding the research community to legitimate IEEE prestigious conferences on numerous occasions against predatory conferences using similar names deliberately to prey on the scientific contributions of young researchers.
- We help allocate funds to the right people. Our list of top conferences is being used in a number of leading research institutions for allocating and prioritizing funds to researchers who have contributions accepted at such prestigious research venues.
- We help in recruitment processes. Research and academic institutions have made use of the list for top conferences as an indicator for the recruitment process for researchers in the area of computer science.
Find out who leading computer scientists are
Guide2Research boasts an impressive list of top scientists in computer science ranked by their Google Scholar h-index and number of citations.
- A wide range of metrics. Each scientist’s profile also contains the number of citations, number of DBLP publications, and a list of their awards and achievements. This will allow you to easily and quickly find current leading experts in the field.
- A broad scope of universities and agencies. The list of top scientists features leading scholars from over 600 universities and research agencies.
- Featured by the leading institutions. The annual release of our top computer scientists ranking is regularly featured by leading universities worldwide where they publish press releases complimenting the accomplishment and achievements of their scholars being ranked high.
We believe in the visibility of research contributions
In accordance with the statement made by James McKeen Cattell in 1906 who stated “It is surely time for scientific men to apply the scientific method to determine the circumstances that promote or hinder the advancement of science” we highly believe that the list of top computer scientists compiled by Guide2Research would give more visibility and exposure to the research contributions made by top scientists.
More importantly, it should inspire researchers, entrepreneurs, and decision-makers across the world to give them a solid ground in order to explore where leading experts are heading. It is an opportunity for all of us to know who are the leading experts in various research areas, in different countries, or even within research institutions.
Search for academic journals & special issues
Our research team has compiled a list of top journals for the various fields of computer science and electronics.
- Well-established metrics. Each journal has been evaluated based on its research impact factor combined with other metrics and indicators so that only the best publications are listed.
- Regular updates on special issues. We dedicate effort to post on a regular basis the list of upcoming special issues for the research community so that they can publish their research contributions into one of the top scientific journals.
A platform created by scientists for scientists
Guide2Research was created by Imed Bourchrika, PhD who, motivated by the feedback and recommendations from top scientists around the world, has founded the platform to help researchers from the areas of computer science and electronics
Imed Bouchrika received his BSc and PhD degrees in Computer Science from the University of Southampton, United Kingdom in 2004 and 2008 respectively.
Since 2008, he has worked as a research fellow at the Information: Signals, Images, Systems Research Group of the University of Southampton.
He has been collaborating on a number of international research projects with different partners from the academic community and industrial sector. His work on the use of gait for forensic cases in criminal investigation attracted the interest of law enforcement agencies from different countries including the UK, Sweden, and Australia.
He is now a Professor of Computer Science at the University of Souk Ahras, Algeria. His research areas include eLearning, image processing, and biometrics. He has made numerous research contributions that have been accepted for publication in well-respected journals and conferences. He has also been actively involved in launching a number of start-up companies in the IT sector.